The Western Cape Education Department WCED application is responsible for public schooling from Grade 1 to 12 in the Western Cape province.
WCED’s primary objectives are to improve the language and mathematics skills of learners; improve matric results; and improve access to quality education in poor communities.
This article contains information on the WECD School Programmes and other information you might need. Read on.
When WECD Admission Starts
School admissions open: February Each Year
- Apply to at least 3 schools
- Indicate your order of preference on the system
- Parents must upload copies of supporting documents required onto the system when they apply online
- Certified copy of ID | Birth certificate
- Transfer card (at end of year)
- Immunisation card | Road to Health chart (Primary Schools only)
- Last school report card for learners who have been to school
- A study permit issued by Dept of Home Affairs for foreign learners
WCED Application Guidelines and Forms
For annual programmes, students must pre-enroll at the end of the year, for the following academic year. Enrollment forms must be accompanied by proof of payment of the non-refundable registration fee. Please bring a certified copy of your identification card and latest school report or certificate for enrollment purposes.
Note: all courses are subject to student numbers.
WCED Online Application Procedure
Kindly follow through the following steps to make a successful application:
- An application for the admission of a learner to a public school is made to the principal of the school where the admission is being sought.
- The parent or learner makes an application for admission to the school by presenting the required compulsory documents, including the most recent original school report and a fully completed application form.
- Neither school fees nor any other fees are payable on application for admission.
- The school will make the copied CEMIS Learner Registration Form available to any parent or learner seeking admission, and will assist the Learner or parent to complete the application if the assistance is needed.
Note: Visit the https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za/ and click on admissions 2021/2022 for more information.
- All applicants who apply to a school and complete an application for admission must be provided with receipts, numbered in sequence for admission by the school.
- These could be copies of the CEMIS forms or the school’s own receipts issued to applying paremts or learners.
- When a learner or parents applies to the school for admission, the principles, on the closing date for admission, will either admit or not admit the learner to the school in accordance with the school’s admission policy, class space available and subjects offered.
Required Documentation for WECD Application
- Parents must upload copies of supporting documents required onto the system as part of this online application.
- Certified copies of other documents must be submitted only to the school once the learner has been accepted.
- These certified hard copies must be submitted to the school where the learner will be attending with seven days of the parent confirming the place of the school.
Check Your WECD Application Status and Admission Letters
Applicants are advised to check their admission and WECD application status through the following link below:
https://admissions.westerncape.gov.za/admissions/login – after confirming your WECD admission status, proceed to this link.
To confirm if you have been granted a chance at the university, you will require the login detail that the university provides during the initial process of application. It is important that you secure your login details because that will be used to track your application status.
Don’t forget to susbscribe to our newsletter and comment and share.