The University of Amsterdam is currently encouraging international students from outside the EU/EEA to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS). An AMS covers the tuition fee and part of the living expenses for one academic year and can be extended for a second year (for two-year Master’s programs).
The scholarships are given to students who do well in school. So, students who get an AMS are expected to do well in their first year of school (at least 40 ECTS) if they want to keep getting the scholarship for the second year.
Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023 /2024 registration link
|Scholarship Sponsor(s):||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Host Institution(s):||University of Amsterdam (UvA)|
|Scholarship Type: Full||Scholarship Type: Full Scholarship|
|Scholarship Worth||Scholarship Worth: Not Stated|
|Number of Awards:||Several
|Study Level:||Undergraduates & Postgraduates
|Nationality||International students (non-EU/EEA)
NOTE: Before correctly submitting an application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS), all interested candidates must read the eligibility requirements.
Requirements criteria for Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023/2024
Candidates wishing to apply for an AMS programme should:
- not have the nationality of one of the countries of the EU/EEA or Suisse
- not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (for more information please refer to duo.nl).
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS
- have submitted a complete application to one of the MSc programmes (see the website of your MSc programme for the application and admission procedure)
- have been (or will be) admitted for the first time to one of the MSc programmes at the UvA
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable)
- have completed their previous academic programme no longer than 3 years ago
how to apply Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023/2024
- How to apply: Interested and eligible international students willing to apply for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) are the procedures are follows;
- Application for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship is part of the application procedure for the Master’s programme of your choice. On your application form we ask whether you want to be considered for a UvA scholarship. Please check this box if you want to be considered and if you fulfill all requirements mentioned above.
- Furthermore, you should include a paragraph in your motivation letter in which you explain why you wish to be nominated for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship and what it would mean for your future academic career.
- After applying, the coordinators of the MSc Programmes decide which students qualify to apply for the scholarship. All students will be informed as soon as possible
Closing deadline for Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) 2023/2024
Application Deadline: 15 January