Deakin University invited applications from suitably qualified candidates see how to apply Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence 2023/2024 before the closing date. This Deakin University Scholarship is available for undergraduate and postgraduate students are for Australia citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa.
NOTE: All Interested Candidates are to read Deakin University Scholarship Eligibility Criteria before applying for the Deakin University Scholarship properly.
|Scholarship Sponsor(s):||Deakin University|
|Host Institution(s):||Deakin University|
|Scholarship Worth:||$5,000 – $10,000 per year
|Number of Awards:||Several
|Study Level:||Undergraduates & Postgraduates
About Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence
When applying direct to Deakin for this scholarship, select either the ‘Undergraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023’ or the ‘Postgraduate Scholarship Application Tri/Sem 1 2023’ option and, if eligible, your application will automatically be considered for this scholarship and the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship and Deakin Student Support Scholarship in the selection process.
This reduces the number of scholarships you have to apply for and increases your chances of receiving a Deakin scholarship.
Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence 2023/2024 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
- Commencing or currently enrolled in a bachelor or honours degree in a Commonwealth supported place (CSP), or postgraduate by coursework degree (CSP or full fee)
- Enrolled at Deakin University in Trimester 1 2023
- Bachelor and honours students enrolled full time unless there are exceptional circumstances preventing full time study, or postgraduate students enrolled in at least two credit points a trimester
- Able to demonstrate achievement in one of the following:
- an ATAR of at least 85
- a Weighted Average Mark (WAM)/Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 80 in previous tertiary study
- leadership experience
- elite sports performance
- community service
- volunteer activities
- the Arts
- any other achievement.
Consideration will be given to students experiencing financial or personal hardship.
How to apply Deakin University Scholarship for Excellence 2023/2024
How-to-Apply: As an international student, you can submit your application directly through Deakin’s online application portal, or through a Deakin authorised agent. Or Use our step-by-step guide to apply now and start your journey to Deakin University, Australia.
As part of the application process you will also be required to upload supporting documentation.
Make sure you choose the correct Document type when you upload your documents as it will make a difference. If your documents are uploaded into the incorrect type they will not be considered when assessing your application. Remember it is quality, not quantity, which you need to provide. Aim to provide documents which are current, relevant and concise.
The supporting documentation required includes:
- evidence of your previous WAM or GPA (if completed at another institution)
- evidence of any leadership activities or community service achievements
- evidence of any sporting or other achievements.
Closing date for Deakin University Scholarship programme 2023/2024
Application Deadline: December 05, 2022