Akwa Ibom State Award of Scholarships to 500 indigent- Apply Here: Akwa Ibom State Government invite application from the indigenous people of Akwa Ibom State across the 31 L.G.A who are less privilege and are studying in any Federal or State Universities in Nigeria. Are you a student in Federal or State Universities? If yes this post is for you. In this post we will show you how to apply for Akwa Ibom State Award of Scholarships program and be selected.
His Excellency, the Education friendly Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has approved the Award of Scholarships to 500 (Five Hundred) indigent (very poor) but intelligent students of Akwa Ibom State origin, studying in any Federal or State Universities in Nigeria with effect from the 2021/2022 academic session valued at N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) only for each student, per session.
About the Akwa Ibom State Scholarships Award
The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses as follows:
Science and Technology courses include:
- Aviation Studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotic Science, etc.
Other Fields of Studies:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
Eligibility for Akwa Ibom State Scholarships Award
- All applicants (Physically Challenged inclusive) must be registered, full-time indigent (very poor) but intelligent students in Federal or State Universities;
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale;
- All applicants must produce testimonials from their institutions;
- All applicants must present certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State;
- All applicants must NOT be more than Twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application;
- All applicants will be expected to state the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of their Parents, after fulfilling the academic requirement;
- All beneficiaries will be expected to submit academic results at the end of every session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board;
- Any beneficiary who falls below the required CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarships Scheme;
- Change of course or institution will NOT be allowed while enjoying the scholarships.
Closing date for Akwa Ibom State Scholarships Award
Visit the official webpage for Akwa Ibom State Scholarships Award Application portal here to check the closing date
How to apply for Akwa Ibom State Scholarships Award
Suitably qualified undergraduates are invited to log on to Akwa Ibom State Scholarships Award program portal here and fill the application form.
Akwa Ibom State shortlisted candidates
All shortlisted students will be required to come to the interview with the following documents:
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- Letter stating the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
Entry closes one month after the date of this publication
Idongesit I. Etiebet (Mrs.)
Hon. Commissioner for Education