The most recent update concerns the SASSA grant payment date for June 2022, and we will continue to keep you informed regarding the SASSA grant payment date for June 2022. So keep reading!
The most recent information regarding SASSA Grant Payment can be found below in June 2022 a. The first payment of OLDER PERSON’S GRANTS will be made on Thursday, June 2, 2022. This pertains to any grants that are associated with these accounts.
- DISABILITY GRANTS will be paid from Friday, 03 June 2022 This includes any grants linked to these accounts.
- All other grants will be paid from Monday, 06 June 2022
SASSA Grant Payment
- The R350 SRD Grant will now be paid under the Social Assistance Act, so everyone, including those who applied previously, should re-apply
- Those previously approved, will still receive their money even after re-applying
- Successful applicants will be paid from the month they applied
- Once available, collect the R350 at Pick ’n Pay, Boxer, Shoprite, Checkers, U-save, or Post Office
- Applications can be made on https://srd.sassa.gov.za
The proclamation of the Social Assistance Amendment Act was gazetted on May 30, 2022, by the Department of Social Development. This action significantly improved the social assistance program so that orphans and other vulnerable children might benefit from it. The provision of social assistance is one of the largest child protection programs in the country, and it currently serves slightly more than 13 million children.
As of today, June 1, 2022, which is also the international day for children, eligible caregivers can now apply for the CSG Top Up at any of the local SASSA offices or online. The application process began yesterday.
Through the use of the online portal, applicants will also have the ability to monitor the progress of their own applications. Applicants who submit their information online will receive either an email or a text message informing them of the status of their application.