2022 International Competition Network/World Bank Group Advocacy Contest. There will be a competition for advocacy in 2022, The International Competition Network (ICN) and the World Bank Group are happy to announce that the competition will start in 2019. It is the goal of this contest to show how important it is for competition agencies, sector regulators, and other government or non-government groups to promote competition by highlighting their advocacy success stories.
Keeping markets open for a long time: the role of competition advocacy after two years of COVID-19
People who work to make the world more competitive through non-law enforcement methods are called “competition advocates,” and they do things like build relationships with government agencies, raise public awareness of the benefits of competition, and find and remove anticompetitive policies and regulations.
ICN is looking for success stories from competition agencies, other public bodies, or civil society that show how advocacy for competition works in real life.
Theme 1. Mitigating the risks of increased concentration and state participation in markets.
Theme 2. Spreading the benefits of the digital economy.
Theme 3. Engaging through results: successful experiences in planning, implementing, and monitoring advocacy strategies in times of crises.
How to Apply for 2022 International Competition Network/World Bank Group Advocacy Contest
Visit the Official Webpage of the ICN/World Bank Group 2022 Competition Advocacy Contest to see how to apply How to apply 2022 International Competition Network/World Bank Group Advocacy Contest
- : Competition agencies, sector regulators and other government bodies and non-governmental organizations promoting competition policy are welcome to apply.
- If you are not a member of the ICN, you should reach out to the ICN member in your jurisdiction to inform about your intention to participate in the contest. A list of all ICN members is available here. Joint submissions from ICN members and government bodies or non-governmental organizations are encouraged.
2022 International Competition Network/World Bank Group Advocacy Contest Selection Process:
Submissions will undergo a rigorous assessment of the following criteria:
- Relevance of the competition issue tackled by the initiative;
- Success of the advocacy activity – results achieved;
- Impact and effects on markets, spillover effects and lessons learned;
- Advocacy strategy – creativity and originality, cooperation mechanisms deployed.
An independent panel will review the submissions and select the top stories. Winning applicants will be invited to present their stories at a joint ICN-World Bank Group event.
Winners and honorable mentions will be announced by April 30th, 2022.