Apply Now for a position as a Public Outreach and Communications Analyst with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to implement the NJFP Strategy. United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Nigeria is seeking applications for a Public Outreach and Communications Analyst to implement the Nigeria Jubilee Fellowship Program (NJFP) Communication Strategy – Apply Now using the application link provided below.
As part of its efforts to invest in the next generation of leaders, the Federal Government of Nigeria, in collaboration with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners, has established the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme (JFP), which provides young Nigerian graduates with practical on-the-job skills and leadership competencies through a twelve-month paid placement opportunity in the private sector. Highly qualified recent graduates of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme will be offered with employment prospects in the commercial sector, the public sector, UN agencies, and development organizations under the auspices of this program.
With this in mind, the NJPF seeks to provide these Fellows with enhanced professional and leadership abilities, which would enable them to make meaningful contributions to Nigeria’s social and economic development prospects in the long run. The program is expected to enroll an initial cohort of 20,000 Fellows, with the number of participants gradually increasing over the course of the next few years.
In order to achieve this, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Nigeria is seeking a qualified Public Outreach and Communications Analyst to implement the Jubilee Fellowship communications strategy, promote public and media outreach, and mobilize political and financial support for the Fellowship.
For the successful implementation of the Jubilee Fellowship communication strategy, the Public Outreach and Communications Analyst will work in close collaboration with other team members of the Jubilee Fellowship, other United Nations Development Programme Country Office colleagues, the United Nations Development Programme Communications team, government officials, private sector entities, media outlets, Jubilee Fellows, youth networks, and multi-lateral and bi-lateral donors.
Public Outreach and Communications Analyst with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Required Qualifications and Experience
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Educational qualification:
- Graduate or equivalent degree in journalism, public relations, law, human rights, political or social sciences, or similar academic preparation in a related field is required.
- It may be acceptable to substitute a first-level university degree in conjunction with two additional years of qualifying experience in lieu of an advanced university degree for the advanced university degree.
- It is necessary to have at least two years of relevant experience working at the national level in public relations, communications, or advocacy.
- Previous expertise in dealing with a large number of stakeholders, namely stakeholder participation in consultation procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the capacity to operate under pressure and deal with difficult situations
- Extensive experience in developing user-friendly communication products and advocacy materials for social media, websites, and traditional media, including fliers, articles, success stories, and other similar things.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software packages (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and so on), as well as certain related simple design applications and web-based management systems.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with high management
- Working knowledge of the United Nations Principles, Sustainable Development Goals, and international development in Africa
- Preferably, you have prior experience working in the United Nations system or an equivalent international organization.
- Exceptional analytical and writing abilities
- previous experience working with inter-agency or multi-stakeholder engagement is preferred
- A high level of political and cross-cultural sensitivity is required. Language
Closing dateline for United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2022.
How to apply for Public Outreach and Communications Analyst with the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Interested applicants may submit their applications through this link: https://bit.ly/3rAeWbA.
In addition, you may want to look into the Graduate Trainee Program 2022 – Nigeria Inter Bank Settlement System Plc NIBSS