2022 USAID Awards for Digital Development
USAID is working toward a future in which digital technology enables inclusive growth, resilient and democratic societies, and empowers everyone, especially the most vulnerable and excluded. USAID is happy to announce the 2022 Digital Development Awards, which will honor USAID Missions, Bureaus, and implementing partners who are assisting countries and communities in achieving sustainable growth and resilience (the Digis).
The Digis honor projects and initiatives that support USAID’s strategic goals of increasing development and humanitarian aid outcomes through the use of digital technology while also strengthening open, secure, and inclusive digital ecosystems.
Digital ecosystems—the stakeholders, systems, and enabling environment that enable people and communities to use digital technology to access services, communicate with one another, and pursue economic opportunities—have enormous potential to help people live more free and prosperous lives. These ecosystems can aid in economic empowerment and financial inclusion, national security, government accountability and transparency, and the efficiency and effectiveness of development and humanitarian aid..
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022
2022 USAID Awards Eligibility Requirements:
- The Digis will be awarded to USAID-funded projects and activities that have (1) directly deployed a digital technology or suite of technologies or (2) provided support to digital ecosystem actors to extend digital technology access and/or uptake. Digital ecosystem actors include technology providers, financial service providers, government agencies, civil society organizations, or other entities that are either deploying digital technology solutions or developing policies/regulations that enable increased access and uptake.
- All USAID staff and implementing partners working on a USAID-funded project are encouraged to apply, regardless of the size, region, or portfolio of the activity. Implementing partners should consult with the appropriate USAID point of contact before submitting an application.
2022 USAID Awards Benefits:
Winners will receive Agency-wide recognition and public visibility for their groundbreaking work. This could include the following:
- Time with a local photographer/interviewer who will work with you to capture the story of your project through visual and written communications materials
- A profile in a Digital Development Awards booklet
- A feature story on the USAID Exposure or Medium platform
- Social media coverage
- A physical trophy and Certificate of Appreciation (to be presented at a virtual awards ceremony attended by leaders from the digital development community)
4 Judging Criteria for 2022 USAID Awards:
Applications will be judged based on four criterion:
Criteria 1 – Integration: The digital technology or digital ecosystem deployment was integrated into the strategy, design, and implementation of a USAID project or activity that contributes in a measurable way toward achieving the development objective(s).
Criteria 2 – Principles for Digital Development: The project or activity aligns with the Principles for Digital Development(link is external) in strategy, design, and implementation.
Criteria 3 – Impact & Sustainability: The project or activity has demonstrated significant impact thus far over the project’s life or demonstrated sustainability since the USAID support ended.
Criteria 4 – Inclusive Development: If the project or activity is entered into the digital ecosystem support category, it should show significant action to increase equitable use of digital technologies and ensure communities and organizations are using the digital technology securely and responsibly. If the project or activity is entered into the digital technology deployment category, it should show significant effort to strengthen and/or support private sector-led engagement in the digital economy and support public institutions’ capacity or efforts to strengthen the digital economy.
How to apply 2022 USAID Awards for Digital Development
For More Information:
Application deadline USAID Digital Development Awards 2022
Application Deadline: June 3, 2022