JAMB Portal www.jamb.org.ng Caps Portal Check Latest Updates.
JAMB Portal: Joint Admission Matriculation Board (JAMB) is a formidable body in the Nigerian education system. The board is in charge of the affairs of conducting and supervision of entrance examination into tertiary institution in Nigeria.
Also, the exam is mainly for anticipated undergraduates. It is for those going into the Nigerian Universities, Polytechnic, Monotechnic and Colleges of Education (be it Federal, State or Private). However, such schools must be accredited.
This article focuses on different uses and majorly how to check your admission status on JAMB CAPS portal. Pay attention as you read through. But before then, what do you know about JAMB?
Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. Also, the board conducts entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
Additionally, the board is also charged with the responsibility to administer similar examinations for applicants to Nigerian public and private monotechnics, polytechnics, and colleges of educations.
However, all of these candidates must have obtained the West Africa School Certificate, now West African Examinations Council, WAEC, or its equivalent, National Examination Council (Nigeria), NECO.
The pioneer Registrar was Mr. Michael Saidu Angulu who served from inception in 1978 to 1986.
Creating an Account on JAMB CAPS Portal
There is need to have an account on the portal. This is to gain full access to the information on the portal. Thus, to have an account, follow the steps below:
- Visit JAMB Profile Login to create a profile via the Sign up (New User) Page if you are a new user.
- Also, in order to create your profile, there is need to provide an email address, Name (Surname and First name) Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and lastly password, then click on the Sign-Up button.
However, to log in, all you need to do is to enter your e-mail which is your “username” in the username box or space and your “password” in the password box or space.
How to Access JAMB Portal
In order to access the JAMB CAPS portal, you follow the under listed procedure:
- Visit Jamb facility login portal by clicking http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility (preferably with a PC).
- Type and enter your Email address and Password to access your portal.
- Also, move your cursor and click on the Options tab at the top right corner (4 parallel horizontal lines).
- Additionally, click on the list of the drop-down menu, click on CAPS under Admissions.
- If you only see Welcome, try to use a PC to access the portal. If you want to use Android phones, use browsers like Chrome or Firefox. Then, request the desktop site from the list of options in Chrome or Firefox.
Important Information about JAMB Caps
There is a need to bear in mind some important facts about JAMB CAPS portal. There are some facts you need to know about it. See them below
- If you have been offered an admission, your portal will read, “ADMITTED” and you’re to accept the offer of admission, you’re not expected to accept until you’ve been offered admission.
- Also, if your portal reads “RECOMMENDED “, it means a candidate is opened to other institutions.
- Furthermore, it is expected you do not accept if your portal reads “NOT ADMITTED “, whoever does that is at his/her risk.
- Additionally, if your portal read “ADMISSION IN PROGRESS, CHECK BACK LATER “, it means your school is yet to release the admission list.
- Also, it is not advisable to use the CAPS portal until the school you choose has released the admission list.
- Immediately you click on “accept” admission offer, it cannot be reverted.
- Also, if your admission status or other details are blank or do not show, JAMB is still in the process of uploading the details, so don’t relent, keep checking.
- On your portal, if it reads “APPROVED “, it means Jamb has approved your admission and you have been admitted.
How to Check Admission Status on JAMB Portal
- Visit the jamb CAPS admission checking portal using this link http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/acceptadmission.aspx. If the first link does not work for you, use this one http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/app_candidates/candidateprofile.aspx use Google Chrome or web browser (do not use opera mini).
- Instantly the home page of the JAMB CAPS Central admission opens.
- Furthermore, the next step is to enter your Jamb registration number in the box or space specified as UTME Registration Number.
- Additionally, you then click on the submit button.
Your details (as inputted during registration) including Jamb score, institution, date of birth, etc. will appear. Also, your admission status will appear.
The Guideline Below is to Accept Admission Status on JAMB Portal
- Go to Jamb portal: jamb.org.ng/efacility
- Enter your Email and Password in the space provided
- Also, click on CAPS
- Additionally, select admission status
- If you are given admission and you like the school then click on admission profile, accept or reject the offer of admission.
- Also, if the institution and course space are empty or you have not been offered admission then don’t click on accept admission. Log out and check back over and over.
- Furthermore, do not be in haste but be careful to accept admission when you are not offered or when you have a higher chance of gaining admission to a better school.
- Immediately the admission offer is accepted, admission provision for that year is over.
Note: Acceptance or rejection of admission offer is free and does not attract a payment.
After accepting your admission offer, you can then proceed to print your admission letter on JAMB portal.
With the above information, I believe you now know more about how to check your admission status on the JAMB portal. However, ensure you share this information with friends.
Source: CSN Team.