Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 72nd regular course (Degree programmes) for the 2020/2021 academic session.
NDA application form 2021 has been released on December 30, 2020, by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The last date to apply and pay the application fees online for the exam is January 19, 2021. Candidates can pay the application fees offline till January 18, 2021. The application fees are Rs 100, however, SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from paying the fees. The facility to withdraw NDA application form 2021 will be available from January 27 to February 2, 2021.
Applicants must select their centres and printout all forms before then.
The date for the screening test and not yet been decided due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and the resulting ban on interstate travel.
How to fill NDA Application Form 2021?
NDA application form 2021 can be filled in two parts: Part I and II. The step by step guide to fill both the parts of NDA 2021 application form is explained below
Documents required to fill NDA application form
Before filling the application form of NDA, candidates must keep the following documents ready
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- Photo-identity card in PDF format (Aadhar Card / Voter Card/PAN Card/ Passport/ Driving License/ School Photo ID/Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government)
- Bank details to make an online transaction
NDA Application Form 2021: Part I
The part I registration is divided into four pages: candidate’s registration, choosing the preferred branch, verifying details and generation of registration ID. Check below the steps to fill Part I of the NDA application form.
Page 1: Candidate’s registration
Candidates need to enter their personal details, address and educational qualifications. In the personal details part, candidates need to fill up their name, date of birth, father’s name, mother’s name, Aadhaar number, nationality, fee remission allowed, community, marital status, etc. There will be four options indicated by the drop-down menu to select education qualification. Candidates need to enter their complete address, email ID and contact numbe
Candidates admitted into NDA for Regular Course will undergo military and academic training as Officer Cadets for a duration of 5 years for Nigerian Army cadets 4 years for Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air force cadets. On successful completion of training, graduands will earn a honours degree in a core discipline (BSc, BEng, BA). They will equally earn a Presidential Commission into the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) 72nd regular course admission online application form will be available for sale as from 5 December 2019 to 20 March, 2020 and it is open to both male and female Nigerians.
The NDA screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 16 May, 2020 at designated centres across the country. Only candidates with JAMB 2020 Registration Number will be eligible to write the exams.
Only candidates who score a minimum of 180 (for Faculties of Arts and Social Sciences, Science and Military Science & Interdisciplinary Studies) and 210 (for Faculty of Engineering) in JAMB 2020 examination shall be offered admission into NDA by the AFSB.
NDA 73rd Regular Course Admission Requirements.
Candidates eligible for 73 Regular Course admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) must have the following:
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of indigeneship from the state government or local government area.
- Be at least 17 years old and NOT more than 21 years old as at 22 August 2020 in the year of entry into the Academy.
- Must have a minimum of 5 ordinary level credits at GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NBAIS and NABTEB) English language, Mathematics and three other subjects which are relevant to the intended programme at not more than two sittings.
- Must have passed the Unified Tertiary Matriculation examinations (UTME) and attain an acceptable minimum national standard (as determined by JAMB annual policy meeting) in English language, Mathematics and any other 2 subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out by the JAMB Brochure.
- Must NOT be less than 1.68 meters tall for male and 1.65 meters for female.
- French and Arabic, Madarin language is an added advantage.
Candidates are to note the following:
- Application forms submitted without ordinary level results will NOT be accepted.
- Candidates awaiting results are not qualified.
- Only ordinary level examination results of NOT more than 5 years old from the date of examination will be accepted.
- Admission into the Academy is for both male and female Nigerians only.
How to Apply for NDA Admission (73rd Regular Course).
Apply NDA Application Form >>> http://www.ndaapplications.net/
Candidates should logon to the application portal ndaapplications.net, select “Purchase Access Code” and fill in their details to pay for their application via REMITA after first obtaining their ORDER ID and REMITA Retrieval Reference (RRR) Code in the sum of N3,500.00 only. Please note that only payment against RRR Codes generated via the application portal would be accepted.
APPLICANTS APPLYING FOR ADMISSION INTO NDA MUST ALSO APPLY TO THE JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATIONS BOARD (JAMB), AND MUST SELECT NDA AS FIRST CHOICE INSTITUTION. SUCH APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO SIT FOR THE JAMB UNIFIED TERTIARY MATRICULATION EXAMINATIONS (UTME).
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS:
Applications forms are to be submitted together with the scanned SSCE results online. On submission of the online application, candidates are to download an Acknowledgement Form.
NDA SCREENING TEST DATE AND REQUIREMENTS:
The screening test will be conducted as phase one of the Post-UTME screening and is scheduled to hold on Saturday 16 May 2020. Therefore, all eligible candidates are to bring along their Acknowledgement Form, Screening Test Admission Card, JAMB result slip and TWO (2) postcard sized (3.5 x 5 inches) photographs to the Screening Test Centre.
The photographs should show only from the chest upwards and should contain the candidate’s Name, Exam number, State, Exam Centre, Course of study and Signature at the back.
Only successful candidates at the NDA Screening Test will subsequently be invited for the Armed Forces Selection Board (phase 2 of the screening test) following which the list of admitted candidates will be published.
All Regular Course cadets will train in NDA and the cost of their administration and logistics will be borne by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
In response to requests from candidates for reference materials, the Academy has offered a Compendium of Past Questions & Answers at a token fee to interested candidates. This can be purchased from the Registry, NDA.
Application Portal: www.ndaapplications.net