Bowen University Convocation Ceremony… Bowen University Iwo, Osun State 14th convocation ceremony programme of event has been schedule. See date, time and venue below;
This is to inform all the graduating students of Bowen University, Iwo and their parents/guardians that the convocation will hold as follows:
- The University will regard as a serious offence punishable with stiff penalty any act of immoral behaviour, indecent dressing, disorderliness or disregard to rules and regulations of the University during Convocation.
- Graduands are expected to embrace modesty and Godliness in their dressing during Convocation.
- Dresses with low necklines or dresses that do not fully cover the shoulders and armpits or trousers are not permitted for female graduands.
- Skirts must be long enough to cover the knee and must not be slit above the knee.
- In short, any dress that does not conform with Christian Standard and Virtues are strictly forbidden.
- Male graduands are expected to dress formally.
- Graduands are to ensure that academic gowns, hoods and caps are properly worn.
Conduct in the Convocation Arena
- All graduands are required to conduct themselves very responsibly in the Convocation arena.
- As punctuality is the soul of business, Lateness to the venue of Convocation will not be condoned in its slightest form.
- All graduands are expected to be in the procession. Any graduand caught posing for pictures when others are already processing will be appropriately sanctioned.
- Compliance with all directives and instructions during the ceremony are obligatory for all graduands and their invitees.
- Any form of anti-social behaviour is strictly forbidden during the ceremony and will attract sanction.
- Graduands are expected to be fully seated before the university procession enters the Convocation arena.
- Roaming and loitering are strictly prohibited in the Convocation Hall.
- Graduands who have any cause to leave the convocation arena should endeavour to leave their gowns, programme and cap with the Ushers and collect same back as soon as they return.
- Only the side entrance should be used whenever it becomes necessary for anyone to leave the Convocation hall.
- Only accredited photographers would be allowed into the Convocation venue. No unauthorized person will be allowed to take pictures in the hall.
- The University frowns on serving of alcoholic drinks or beverages within the University before, during and after Convocation.
- Each graduand is entitled to only 2 Guest Cards and therefore only 2 invitees will be allowed into the Convocation hall per graduand.
All graduands are advised, in their own interest, to ensure compliance with the above guidelines.